Thursday 8 March 2012

An adept at knitting fog:



Buddhist Wisdom straight from the dogs mouth in 'The Dog's Tale, a life in the Buda Hills'. Well-known lecturer, playwright and author, Rani Drew, has collated a series of episodes in a dogs life, compiled during her time in Budapest during the third Balkan war (1991-2001). Lecturing at the University of Pécs in Hungary, she taught theatre workshops, English literature, psychoanalysis and gender studies.

Drews British-Indian writing style delights and invites one to read on:

‘‘I think therefore I am’
became the foundation of European humanism. If you reverse this paradigm to ‘I am, therefore I think’, it becomes perfectly valid for all beings. Now don’t get me wrong when I use the word ‘humanism’ for non-humans. I do not intend to give up my animal nature, but having lived in proximity with human beings, I’m afraid I have developed - for better or worse - a desire to articulate my perception of this world,in a non-animal way.’


With a touch of Kafka, the stories of life seen through the eyes of Béla, a rescued dog in Budapest, are warm, sensitive and elegantly ironic. Well worth the read for animal lovers and students of philosophy alike. You will never look at a dog in the same way again.

Now featuring at Waterstones UK, and here on Amazon

Afiliated:
Last Chance Animal Rescue

Dog Pages

Animal Shelter USA

No comments:

Post a Comment